Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sisters of Heart



Sisters of Heart
This poem is dedicated to special friends in memory of a wonderful Thursday night.


Let me tell you a story,
A story about three,
Three sisters of heart,
Three young women,
That will never be apart,
A circle of three.

* * *
Three young women,
On a hot Thursday night,
Sat on a table among the crowd,
With people moving around
With raised laughter and sounds,

Yet….
They were apart from the world that twirls around.

They favored to sit and talk,
Instead of taking a walk,
They wanted to hold the moment still,
Rather than go around and swirl.

They sat on a dimly lit space,
Among the bushes, in a far away place.

They restored memories,
Woven new ones,
They breathed dreams,
Uttered hopes,
And on the wooden table,
They carved words of eternity,
Sisters of heart.

Yet, I felt detached.

* * *


Once upon a time,
There were hopeless wishes,
I worked my way around them,
I drew new pictures,
And on the walls of my life,
I hung them.
I bought a little tulip,
And from its petals,
I spread fragrance of hope.
Did they draw their pictures?
Or bought their little tulip?
Were they hopeless?
Or was I helpless?

It was at this moment,
That sadness plunged my heart,
And slashed my chest apart.

Sad for them,
Sad for us,
Sad for a circle of three,
And a bond that will never be free.
I fought tears,
I stifled fears,

But then, sisters of heart,
You know we’ll never be apart,
I’ll be there for you,
As you’ll be for me.

If the sea tides rose,
And from the fields disappeared every rose,
If the storms slapped,
And thunder clapped,
You know I’ll be there
As you’ll be,
I am you
And you’re me.

Sisters of the heart,
We’ll never be apart.

1 comment:

Ana Cristina said...

Hi, it's a quite nice poem.
Have a nice day!